Canadian Mountain Chic Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in submitting your beautiful work to Canadian Mountain Chic. We are so honored that you thought of us and can’t wait to review your submission!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Canadian Mountain Chic publishes real weddings, engagement sessions, elopements, proposals, and inspirational shoots. We also accept submissions for social parties, birthdays, showers, DIY’s etc. and lifestyle interest stories so long as they are suited to the mountain lifestyle.
Our preference is for previously unpublished events (personal blog is okay). If your event has been featured somewhere else please let us know where it has been featured. In particular, we prefer work that has not appeared on other Canadian sites or mountain specific sites.
Canadian Mountain Chic publishes events with unique details captured in beautiful settings. While we look mainly for mountain events from all across Canada; we’ll consider weddings or events that are ‘mountain inspired’ or suited to the mountain culture. From mountain top elopements to lavish ballroom weddings (and everything in between), we look forward to your wedding submissions!
If you have a real wedding in beautiful scenery but without all the details feel free to still submit!
Please ensure you are the copyright holder to the images or have permission to submit the images provided to us. Please submit 20 – 30 photos to us for consideration.
We will send you an email if we would like to see more photos. We will let you know within approximately one week if your submission has been accepted. Incomplete submissions may take longer to be accepted.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally we would like to see some images of the couple (for real weddings, engagements etc.) pictured in the beautiful Canadian mountain scenery or in the outdoors.
- We love details. The more details the better.
- We love to see the couple’s personal touches and genuine emotion.
- If possible please include a photo of each of the following: bouquet, boutonniere, bride’s fashion, men’s fashion, ceremony details (program, altar and ceremony decor etc.), overall shot of reception space, table, individual place setting, centrepiece, menu, place card, table number, chair decor, signage, cake, seating chart or escort card display, cake, cake topper, favours, welcome gifts, invitation / stationery suite and any other unique details and vignettes.
- We prefer mainly colour photos.
- We prefer photos in an editorial fashion without a lot of special effects applied to them.
- Send a link of your online gallery to submissions at (at) canadianmountainchic (dot) com from your Dropbox, PASS, Zenfolio etc. Please do not send us the images directly.
ONCE YOUR EVENT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
- Photos should be sized to 900 pixels wide and optimized for web. Both horizontal and vertical photos need to be sized to 900 pixels wide please.
- Please provide a brief description about the event, including; where the event took place, date of the event, couple’s names etc. A write up from the couple is a plus!
- Please provide a list of all the creative partners used including their ‘Urls’.
- Provide photos without logos or watermarks.
- Please provide 40 – 100 images for your submission for real ‘Mountain Weddings’ that have taken place in the past two years. We like to have a good selection of photos to choose from.
- Submit 30 – 50 photos for engagement sessions, elopements or proposals.
- Submit 40 – 100 photos for styled shoots.
- Please submit a combination of both vertical and horizontal photos.
- Accepted submissions are only available to submit elsewhere 90 days after Canadian Mountain Chic’s feature date.
Photos should not be sent by email but rather by WeTransfer or DropBox. Please do not just send Dropbox invitations. We only accept direct drop box links.
Advertising / Directory Guidelines
Please Note that we will be adding new profiles and advertising options in 2015 and are currently not accepting additional advertising at this time.*
If you are interested in advertising with us, please fill out the contact us form or send us an email to info (at) canadianmountainchic (dot) com. In order to find the best fit for your company, we want to get to know you. Please include your company name, a link to your site and tell us what your goal is for advertising.
Please note that in order to make our site useful for both our readers and our advertisers, we work with companies that are reputable and are a good fit for our users and our blog aesthetics.
ONCE YOUR LISTING HAS BEEN ACCEPTED:
- Please provide a 300 x 300 pixel (optimized for web) photo for your directory listing. These photos should not be watermarked or have a logo on them.
- Describe your business in 100 to 250 words or less to accompany your advertisement photo.
- Please provide your email, telephone number or other contact details, including all of your social media handles.
- Please provide the category you would like your business listed in and provide what mountain areas you serve.
- Please provide a second photo (optional), also optimized for web, for your specific list page. Can be vertical, horizontal or square (900 pixels wide of less) CMC will best fit page.
- Please provide your print or web ready logo (optional).
- Photographers please provide an 1100 x 500 pixel image (optional) for consideration for use on our home page banner/masthead. Preference is given to couples shown in beautiful mountain scenery. Again, no logos on these images. CMC will indicate your business name for ‘Photo Credit’.
Please contact us at info at (at) canadianmountainchic (dot) com for more information.
*Please check back periodically for changes or updates to our Submission and Advertising Guidelines.